Transfers Following Death

How We
Can Help

As time ticks by after a loved one dies and the dust settles, there are some practical things like transfers following death relating to property ownership that need dealing with.

We can take care of this for you so that you can concentrate on the more important things.

our team of experts is here for you

gentle guidance for your situation


If your spouse has passed away and your home is registered in the joint names of you and your spouse, then the ownership of your home will automatically revert into your name as the surviving joint owner.

To change the registration details on the title of your home, we can prepare a special application for you to sign which we can register with the Lands Titles Office.

If this is the service that you need, then we invite you to arrange an appointment at your earliest convenience to meet with our Registered Conveyancer Anna.

You will just need to bring in the death certificate for your spouse when you come in.


If property was owned in the sole name of the deceased person or in their name with another person as a tenant in common, you will need to speak with one of our lawyers, as probate will need to be obtained before the land can be transferred.

If this is the service that you need, we invite you to contact our receptionist on 8821 2199 to arrange a time to meet with one of our lawyers to discuss the process required to deal with the property held in the name of the deceased.

At your initial appointment, it would be helpful if you could provide a copy of the death certificate for the deceased and a copy of their Will.

mildwaters transfers death | Mildwaters Lawyers

contact us